THE HOME OF MICHIGAN’S LARGEST BUCK POLE
We offer full service deer processing, including skinning, cutting, processing, and refrigeration. Each deer is processed separately to ensure every customer leaves with their harvest. With a wide variety of cuts and extras, you can enjoy your venison in a number of different ways.
Wild Game Processing Tips: Caring for Your Wild Game
- It is very important to take care of your harvest as soon as possible, especially in the warm weather.
- You need to field dress immediately after harvest; Do not leave lay overnight for which it will make the meat gassy and sour.
- Field dressing a deer means to take out the heart, liver, lungs, bung hole urine bag and viscera) If not done properly there will be an extra charge.
- Wash out the chest cavity with clean water.
- If the weather is warm, it will help to pack chest cavity with ice to help bring down the body temperature of the carcass.
If processing your own deer but wanting to take trim meat to a processor:
- Use food quality plastic bags or buckets (you may find them at any Lowe’s store). Do not use dark colored garbage bags as they may contain toxic resins and are not intended for food.
- Jerome County Market is not taking quartered meat this year; it must be the whole deer or boneless meat.
Quality Control & Safety
We have expanded our property to the East side of our building to allow more room for the DNR during the first four days of gun season (Nov 15-18th ). If you would like to check in your deer, or have further questions, the DNR will be available to you during the hours of 9:00a-5:30p.
Michigan DNR Chronic Wasting Disease Notice
To prevent the importation of a CWD infected carcass into Michigan, new regulations have been issued. If you harvest a cervid (such as deer, elk, or moose) in any other state or province, you can only bring back the following parts into Michigan: hides, deboned meat, quarters or other parts of the cervid that do not have any part of the spinal column or head attached, finished taxidermy products, cleaned teeth, antlers, or antlers attached to a skullcap cleaned of brain and muscle tissue.
For more information visit: mi.gov/dnr.
2019 DEER PROCESSING FEES
Additional Details: All meat goes into the cooler the same day received. All meat is cut & vacuum packed. There are no additional fees for Butterflied Loins or Cubed Round Steaks.
Note: Deer that need to be gutted, must arrive a half hour prior to closing or there will be additional processing fees.
2019 Venison Product Pricing & Flavor
NEW! Cracked Pepper Sausage – 2lb. / $10.00